Updated: Apr 6
If you ask anyone that knows me, I can easily pick out the most expensive item in any store! Maybe I have good taste or maybe I just love to shop, but I also love to redecorate and sometimes spending 20K to redo a room just isn't an option. I'm also the kind of person who gets an idea in her head and MUST do it right away. (This drives my husband NUTS)
So here's some inexpensive ways to add some glam to your home when you need a quick "facelift" but aren't ready to empty the bank account!
1. Add some character and add texture to your walls with peel-and-stick wall panels.
2. Create a charming accent wall with peel-and-stick wallpaper.
3. Upgrade your countertops to faux granite with a DIY paint kit instead of spending a fortune to replace it.
4. Reseal all those cracks in your tub and tile with caulking and make your bathroom look new again.
5. Update recess lighting without doing any electrical work with magnetic shades.
6. Install crown molding to help make your home look historic and charming.
7. Adding a fresh coat of paint to get that pop of color (or get rid of it) will give your home a touch-up without costing you a fortune.
8. Get the stainless-steel appliances you've always wanted at a fraction of the price with paint.
9. Add privacy and a touch of elegance, and make your windows look super expensive, with with "leaded-glass" film.
10. Paint your cabinets to give your kitchen that just-remodeled feeling for pennies versus what it would cost to replace them.
11. Add a new tile backsplash to give your kitchen (or bathroom) that gorgeous custom look.
12. Add a medallion to your light fixtures to instantly elevate your ceiling game or swap out some old lighting fixtures for some new ones.
13. Paint your ugly vinyl floors to get rid of the eyesore without ripping up the floor.
14. Bulk up your baseboards with paint and extra trim instead of replacing them.
15. Install fun shelving systems in every room to add storage.
16. Upgrade the fixtures in your bathroom to give yourself a mini spa experience.
17. Swap the handles on your cabinets and drawers to update your kitchen.
18. Add a doorbell to your home if you don't already have one, or upgrade your current one to a Ring.
19. Update light switches to give your home a fresh look and a tech upgrade.
20. Add some curb appeal and a pop of color by painting your front door.
21. Forget interior designers! Find matching fabrics, paints, and materials with a color match tool.
22. Get even more curb appeal by sanding down and painting rusted railings.
23. Upgrade your lightbulbs to LED.
24. Cover door scuffs and prevent new damage with a metal kick plate.
25. Add adhesive mirrored tiles to the underside or top of your cabinets to subtly reflect light and make your space look brighter.
I have some more tricks up my sleeve so let me know what room you need help with and I'm happy to share my two cents!!