Out and About in NYC With Your Kids!
Updated: Sep 2, 2019
I love NJ, but boy do I love NYC too! Here's some great ideas of some fun things to do with your family for a day out in the Big Apple!
I love New Jersey just like the rest of you, but I also bought my home in Morris County because I love just how close we are to NYC too. Now that I don’t live or work in NYC anymore, I still feel a pull to visit the city often. There are so many great places to see, restaurants to dine in and fun activities to do with your kids. So if you’re looking for something unique to do on the weekends with your kiddos, here’s some of my family favorites!
· Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum
· Bowlmor Lanes
· Museum of Illusions
· Tea anyone: The Plaza Hotel, American Girl Cafe, and Alice’s Tea Cup
· Gulliver's Gate Tiny Exhibit
· See the dinosaurs at the American Museum of Natural History
· Visit the Statue of Liberty
· Trolls Experience
· The Bronx Zoo(Ok- not technically in the city)
· Ride the Staten Island Ferry, or any ferry!
· Get up early and visit a taping of The Today Show
· Take a helicopter ride if you dare
· Brooklyn Children's Museum- interactive play!
· Don’t forget to rent the row boats in Central Park
· Take the Roosevelt Island Tram (if you’re not afraid of heights)
· See a Broadway show! Any Broadway Show!
· Play at the Children's Museum of Manhattan.
· Walk across the Brooklyn Bridge and get ice cream at the Brooklyn Ice Cream Factory
· Top of the Empire State Building or Top of the Rock? You decide!
· American Girl Cafe, for any lucky little lady-my daughter's favorite!
· Visit Coney Island and you must Ride the Cyclone
· Take a trapeze lesson-who’s with me?
· Watch the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade balloons get inflated the night before Thanksgiving
· Ice skate at Rockefeller Center
· Pose with a celebrity at Madame Tussauds(Hint- they aren’t real)
· Look up relatives on Ellis Island
· Eat in Chinatown and Little Italy
· Get a milkshake at the Black Tap or a Candy bowl drink at the Sugar Factory
· Take a double decker bus tour
· Central Park Zoo
· Ride the subway - be a Real New Yorker!
· Go see a live taping of a talk show (Hint-I can probably get you tickets to some, just ask-but no kids allowed)
I know I’m just touching the surface here….more to come! Send me pics of your outings too!