If you’re ready to list your home, you might be wondering if you should do some home improvements or upgrades before listing. The truth is not all changes will bring the best Return on Investment (ROI). Before you plan a big, or small, improvement project, here are the top home improvements which have been shown to bring the best “bang for the buck.”
· Yard clean-up and landscaping
· Complete home cleaning and de-cluttering (See my blog on cleaning 101)
· Replacing the front door
· New siding, exterior repairs and/or fresh paint
· Kitchen and/or bath upgrades. New countertops, fixtures, cabinetry
· Deck and patio additions, outdoor kitchens and/or BBQs
· Addition of living space; bonus rooms, extra bathrooms
First and foremost, home buyers search for properties with good bones. If you ensure there are no major issues, and then consider a few updates to give your home a fresh look and feel, you position yourself to sell quickly.
If you have a question on whether or not you should jump into a project you’ve been thinking about, let’s chat to determine if it’s really worth your efforts…and pocketbook.